Information for Parents
- A practical guide for parents to help support their children with the transition to Post-Primary School
- New Primary Language Curriculum for English and Irish – Junior Infants to Sixth Class
- Isolation quick guide – applying to those aged greater than 3 months and up to 13th birthday.
Websites Our School Recommends
- Healthy Lunchbox Leaflet
- Resilience: helping your child to ‘bounce back’
- www.scoilnet.ie is the Department of Education and Science’s official portal for Irish education. It offers games, crosswords, interactive quizzes, research and resources for teachers, students and parents pertaining to the primary school curriculum. Search materials by class/year group, subject, strand, and learning outcomes.
- CJ Fallon
afree web program that teaches addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts.
- MangaHigh.com A free games-based maths resource.
- An Online Maths Dictionary for Children
- World Book Online –all students in Ireland have open and free home access to World Book Online. World Book is a trusted encyclopedia containing thousands of informational articles with stunning illustrations, videos, interactive maps, research help, and activities.
- CJ Fallon
create, share and read art-inspired stories.
- Ultimate Guide to Spelling Resources
- The National Library of Ireland
- Online Dictionary and Thesaurus
- Irish / English + English / Irish Dictionary
- https://www.cula4.com This free Irish app from TG4 is aimed at two groups: Cúla4 na nÓg is aimed at under-sixes, while Cúla4 is aimed at older children. As well as TV shows, there are games and creativity sections.
- padlet.com/ciarareillymarino/primarydistancelearning Ciara Reilly is a former primary teacher and now a lecturer in education with expertise in ICT and digital education at Marino Institute of Education. She has compiled an outstanding bank of resources including Irish resources.
learning zone for primary school students of all levels from ENFO. Lots of information on the Environment, Geography as well as all our favourite subjects.
- Green Schools
Green-Schools, known internationally as Eco-Schools, is an international environmental education programme, environmental management system and award scheme that promotes and acknowledges long-term, whole school action for the environment.
- Solar System
a website where you can learn all about the solar system.
- Shore Thing
games and exciting activities from the RNLI. See how fit you have to be to become a lifeguard, launch a lifeboat to rescue people in trouble and much more.
- Astronomy for Kids
is a fun way to explore Space, the planets and moons.
is a website that allows you to see the Earth from all the different satellites that are orbiting our planet. Just select any one of the hundreds of satellites and enjoy the view.
- National Museum of Ireland
- National Geographic Kids (kids.nationalgeographic.com):
Learn about science, geography and history.
- padlet.com/orlaithnifhoghlu/wqeiqvodvbl4 Órlaith Ní Fhoghlú is a third class teacher and she has put together activities and resources relating to the history, geography and science curriculum on
this website shows how important science is to our everyday lives and more importantly how much fun it can be!
provides lots of interesting science resources for primary school pupils.
- Nasa Kids’ Club
Child-friendly resource where kids can learn about science and space.
- Texaco Art Competition
This is the website of the nationwide Texaco annual art competition. Watch this space for details.
- Go Noodle Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts and used widely by teachers who say it is a great opportunity for kids to wake up their bodies, engage their minds and be their best.
- Super Troopers Super Troopers offers a health homework programme that encourages children and their families to live happier and more active lifestyles.
has lots of fun educational games to play.
This website has any number of crosswords in any subject.
- Science Games
This is an amazing link to science based games.
- Chess for Kids
This site has all you ever need to know about the game of chess
- Top Marks
is an excellent educational website that can help you with research for your class projects or your homework.
- Kahoot.com Search from millions of existing games on any topic such as brain teasers, trivia of all sorts, news quizzes and science.
- Sarah Webb’s writing games (@MoLI_Museum)
Award-winning children’s writer Sarah Webb is posting fun writing games and story prompts over on Twitter.
- Smartycatgames Games to help children learn Irish and French in a fun and exciting manner.
FunBrain.com has lots of fun educational games to play.
- SEN Teacher This site has free special-needs teaching resources and learning materials. Its print tools allow you to create, adapt and share resources.